August 2022 TBR
Finish These Current Reads:
📚 Joyful Sorrow by Julie Busler Nonfiction
📚 The Wrong Jesus by Greg Monette Nonfiction
Then Read These:
📚 Running on Air by Budd Coates Nonfiction
📚 One book by Jane Austen or an adaptation to commemorate the Austen in August Reading Challenge which does not appear to be formally occurring this year.
If time, make a last-minute attempt at 10 Books of Summer with these:
📚 Crescendo by Allen Cheney Nonfiction
📚 Kiera by Kate Willis Christian Dystopian Fiction
📚 The Dressmaker’s Secret by Kellyn Roth Historical Fiction
📚 Marilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy Historical Fiction
Other August Goals
- Post more reviews
- Make a bookstagram post at least once per week
- Update my resume
- Outline tentative plans for fall and maybe winter re: blogging, reading challenges, and major family/social events
- Find a new rhythm for exercising and other hobbies now that volleyball is over and capstone will wrap up this week
- Watch season 1 of The Chosen (re-watching a few episodes and then finishing the season) while working through the companion study guide, What Does It Mean To Be Chosen?
- Update the 2022 Reading Challenge spreadsheet that I made at the beginning of the year but have not kept up-to-date
Although it doesn’t look like there is anything big happening this month, I am actually really looking forward to August. I intend to take some time to check in with my personal goals and perhaps adjust some of the ways I do things in order to better pursue my true priorities. Even though I am no longer in school, this feels like a good time for such thoughts. This month also brings a few birthday celebrations and church events that I am looking forward to.
Do you have any set goals for this month? What is one thing you are looking forward to in August?
Until the next chapter,