Highlights from Books Completed This Month
📚 Live Without You by Sarah Grace Grzy – Contemporary Christian Fiction/Clean Romance
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐ on this re-read, but leaving it at 5 because I’ve rated it that way more than once in the past.
📚 The Comeback by E.L. Shen – Middle-grade Contemporary Fiction
Average Rating: 4.5 ⭐s
Other Books Read (but not completed) This Month
- The Common Rule by Justin Whitmel Earley – Nonfiction, Theology, Christian Living
- This was a reread that I simply decided I wasn’t up for after the first chapter.
- How to Read a Book by Mortimer J. Adler – Nonfiction, Literature
- I’m reading this for school, but had thought about reading even the parts that are not assigned on my own. After a little extra reading I decided I don’t have time for that. I did purchase the book though (previously I had a copy checked out from the library), so I’m sure I will go through it all eventually.
- Metaliteracy by Thomas P. Mackey and Trudi E. Jacobson – Nonfiction, Literacy, Education
- Another school book that I am really enjoying!
- Promoting Individual and Community Health at the Library by Mary Grace Flaherty – Nonfiction
- The Wrong Jesus: Fact, Belief, Legend, Truth…Making Sense of What You’ve Heard by Greg Monette – Nonfiction
- Another re-read that I may or may not complete this time around.
Monthly Goals Follow-Up
Originally posted here.
- Celebrate some family members birthdays ✔
- Stay caught up with school projects, and get ahead on the readings ✔
- I’m only ahead on one of the readings, but at least it is something!
- Change the displays at work that I’m responsible for ✔
- Complete my library’s Winter Reading Challenge by finishing 5 books before the end of February ✔
- Post here at least twice a week ✔
- Watch the Olympics – at least keep up with the figure skating competitions ✔
Other Highlights from February
- Decorated Valentine’s Day bags at work, and we had a staff candy exchange
- Discovered four new leaves on a houseplant I thought I might have mortally wounded!! All of my houseplants seem to be very happy at the moment, actually.
- Attended a devo and trivia night – I think this is the first purely social (not family) thing I have attended since approximately 2019…😲
- Top posts this month: First Line Friday 22.2, WWW Wednesday 22.2, and Spell the Month in Books February 2022 Linkup
- Music of the Month: I listened to a lot of JJ Heller and Chris Renzema this month – especially the album “Let the Ground Rest”
- Movies Watched: God’s Not Dead (2013) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
What was the highlight of February for you?
Until the next chapter,