What a wild month February has been! For me, most of it was spent at home, staying warm and watching the snow. A few good books came my way, too. Read on for the details!
Books Completed This Month
📕 Together, Apart by Various Authors; YA Contemporary Fiction, Clean Romance; ⭐⭐
There was too much overlap in these stories. I expected more variety, since so many authors were involved, but it felt like I kept just reading the exact same short story over and over again.
📕 Tune It Out by Jamie Sumner; Middle Grade Contemporary Fiction; ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I love this book! It deserves a glowing review but I am not sure when my schedule will let me write something as detailed as I would like.
🎧 The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee; Middle Grade Mystery; ⭐⭐⭐
Average Rating: 3.33⭐s
Books Read But Not Completed This Month
An American Sunrise by Joy Harjo – Poetry
For the Common Good: Redefining Civic Leadership by David D. Chrislip & Ed O’Malley – Nonfiction, Business Leadership
Shuttle, Houston: My Life in the Center Seat of Mission Control by Paul Dye – Nonfiction, Memoir
The Librarian of Boone’s Hollow by Kim Vogel Sawyer – Historical Fiction: 1930s Kentucky
Laddie: A True Blue Story by Gene Stratton-Porter – Classic/Juvenile/Historical Fiction
Originally posted here.
Finish These In-Progress Books:
- Tune it Out by Jamie Sumner – Middle Grade Contemporary Fiction ✔
- Shuttle, Houston: My Life in the Center Seat of Mission Control by Paul Dye – Nonfiction, Memoir ❌
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart – Juvenile Mystery (audiobook) ✔
- Laddie: A True Blue Story by Gene Stratton-Porter – Classic Fiction ❌
Then Read the Following:
- Re-read one of Sarah Grace Grzy’s books: Live Without You or Never Say Goodbye – Contemporary Clean/Christian Romance (YAish) ❌
- Murder Tightly Knit (Amish Village Mystery #2) by Vanetta Chapman – Mystery ❌
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame – Classic ❌
- When You Were Mine by Alessa Martel – Clean Contemporary YA Romance ❌
- The Dressmaker’s Secret (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #1) by Kellyn Roth – Historical Christian Fiction ❌
- Set up a formal linkup for Spell the Month in Books ✔ Share your post here
- Post at least twice a week, unless it becomes too much to handle on top of schoolwork ✔
- Be prepared for both of my synchronous weekend classes ✔
- Celebrate multiple family members’ birthdays ✔
- Run a successful Staff Association fundraiser (we’re selling Tea Grams, so staff have the opportuniTEA to show their colleagues that they appreciate them a latte!) ✔ this is still ongoing, but it is going mostly well!
- Get into a groove with schoolwork, keeping up with all 4 classes ✔ I think?
- Enjoy the month despite how busy it promises to be! ✔
Most Liked Post This Month
Most Commented Post This Month
- We got so much snow! It was beautiful and a little stressful; my work ended up being closed for almost two weeks.
- lots of time to play uke and guitar because of said snow
- Lowkey redecorated my apartment for Spring
- Music I’ve had on repeat: Chillhop study playlist & YouTube channel
- Movies watched: two episodes of the Pride & Prejudice miniseries (1995) ⭐⭐⭐.5; Aurora Teagarden: Real Murders (2015) ⭐⭐⭐.5;
I’m not sure how I had almost two weeks off from work and only managed to complete three books, but I’m going to blame it on homework. I also spent a lot of my time off learning a few new songs on ukulele.
How was February for you, Reader? Did you experience crazy weather, and were you able to read much?
Until the next chapter,