Welcome to another WWW Wednesday!
WWW Wednesday is a weekly meme currently hosted by Sam at Taking on a World of Words. The three W’s stand for the following questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you’ll read next? To participate, make a post or comment answering the three questions, link up to the host (Sam)’s post, and check out what others are reading and talking about! I typically participate once a month, approximately in the middle of the month, as a halfway check-in on my monthly reading goals.
What am I Currently Reading?
Each morning starts out with Augustine’s Confessions over breakfast. If I have spare time before heading to work, I’ll sneak in a few pages of The Firefly Dance. I’ve got the audiobook of The Radium Girls playing while I drive to work. When lunch comes, I’m currently reading Borrowing Amor on my Kindle, but there are a couple others that I sometimes jump to as well. And, when I can find any other time, I’m working through The Night is Far Gone and Emma vol. 1.
What Have I Recently Finished?
Since the last time I participated in WWW Wednesday (last month), I have finished 8 books:
- The Last Battle (The Chronicles of Narnia #7) by C.S. Lewis (1956) | Middle Grade Fantasy, Historical, Classic
- Enjoy the Poodle Skirt by Kate Willis (2019) | Contemporary Short Story Mystery
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (1996) | Urban Fantasy
- Hearing God’s Voice by Henry & Richard Blackaby (2002) | Nonfiction, Christian Life, Prayer
- Quest for the Beast by Sarah Holman (2015) | Contemporary Mystery, YA, novella
- Where Treetops Glisten by Goyer, Putman, & Sundin (2014) | Historical Fiction, novella/short story collection
- Three Days Till Dawn (Antiquity’s Gate #1) by R.F. Hurteau (2019) | Science Fiction, Dystopian Fiction | My Review
- American Gypsy Romance Short Story Collection by Alessa Martel (2019) | Contemporary YA Short Story collection, clean/light romance
What Will I (Probably) Read Next?
I’m not completely sure! I’ve seen House of Leaves a lot of places lately, so I might pick it up. I have several ebooks on my Kindle to read & review; I’ll have to check in with my spreadsheet to see which one is due next. With November coming, I’m on the lookout for a good Thanksgiving story, but that probably won’t be the very next thing I read (if you’ve got a recommendation though, please share!). Also, in an effort to cut down on my TBR (as discussed in this post), I want to read one of the books that has been on my TBR the longest. I’ll probably go with The Originals by Cat Patrick or Free to Fall by Lauren Miller.
How is your autumn reading going? There is so much more going on in this season than I anticipated, but for the most part I am enjoying life and finding enough time to read! I carry my Kindle with me just about everywhere these days, so that I can sneak in an extra chapter whenever the opportunity arises.
To see what other WWW Wednesday participants are reading, check out today’s post on Taking on a World of Words! Feel free to give your own answers in the comments, and please share the link to your WWW Wednesday post!
Until the next chapter,