October is here! It’s time for pumpkins and bright leaves and spiced coffee, oh my! Not to mention curling up with a good book outside now that the sun isn’t unbearably hot, or inside once the sun goes down. The weather is finally starting to get the autumn memo here and I am so thrilled. On top of that, my favorite coffee shop released their fall specialty drinks on October 1, and the one I have tried so far is spectacular. It’s called the Charlie Brown Chai, which is fun, and the taste is phenomenal.
Here’s what I plan to read this month:
- Finish The Firefly Dance novella collection
- One or two contemporary middle grade novels (I need to catch up on this goal for the year!)
- Two books set in states I have yet to check off my list this year
- A Christmas book
- A nonfiction book (or two) – I’m currently reading Augustine’s Confessions, so I want to finish it and possibly one other
- Three ARCs/new releases
- A manga called Emma, which I reserved while reading Library Wars a few weeks ago. Honestly now I don’t remember much of what it’s about, but it came in for me, and it must have sounded good if I reserved it!
I think this is a manageable set of goals! Outside of reading & reviewing, I hope/plan to make some serious progress on my knitting project, celebrate a family member’s birthday, and have fun dressing up as a (yet to be determined) character at the end of the month. There are several projects going on at work, too, and various other life things always come up to keep things interesting. Getting back into bookstagram is a secondary priority this month; I unintentionally took September off from Instagram, and while I can’t say that I desperately missed it, it is something that I want to ease back into as I have time. I don’t care much for Halloween, especially since I don’t eat sugar anymore as much as I can help it, but there are so many other things to be excited about this month!
What are you looking forward to doing, reading, or celebrating in October?
Until the next chapter,